It may seem to some that no number of squats or lunges can produce a perfectly perky behind. A Brazilian Butt Lift is a cosmetic solution to a flat buttocks. Plus, there’s no need for implants since the Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes fat from the patient’s own body. Using liposuction, we actually remove fat from an unwanted part of the body and use it to augment the buttocks. Read below to find out more about this revolutionary procedure.
About The Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian Butt Lift uses the technique of fat grafting to create a more voluminous behind. Fat grafting is a procedure in which fat is removed to slim down one part of the body and repurposed to augment another part. In the case of a Brazilian Butt Lift, a common procedure involves removing fat from the abdomen, love handles, or back and then re-injecting the purified fat back into the buttocks.
This procedure is great for patients who are unhappy with the size or shape or their buttocks but do not want implants. In some cases, it may also be suitable for patients who have lost weight and their buttocks now appears deflated. However, a Brazilian Butt Lift will not remove excess skin; this may require an additional procedure to firm, tighten, or remove skin.
Dr. Jeffrey Ptak works carefully to contour the body for natural results that appear at once proportional and harmonious.
How Fat Grafting Works
In brief, fat grafting is the process of removing fat from one location in the body and reusing it to increase volume and projection in another part of the body. Dr. Ptak works one-on-one with his patients to determine a suitable donor location where the fat will be taken from. Common donor locations include:
- Flanks (love handles)
- Inner and outer thighs
- Upper arms
Liposuction of these particular areas will not only slim them, but help enhance the appearance of more protrusion. The liposuction portion of the procedure is called fat harvesting. Once the ideal amount of fat has been harvested from the donor location, it is purified to retain only the most viable material. Finally, the fat is re-injected into the buttocks for lift and augmentation.
A fat grafting procedure takes a bit of time because only small amounts of fat can be injected into any given location to maximize the merging of cells and tissue. When performed properly, this will lead to added volume that can last decades.
Benefits of a Brazilian Butt Lift
- No synthetic material, only living tissue from the patient’s body
- Little chance for an allergic reaction
- Tiny incisions and minimal scarring
- Lasting removal of stubborn fat deposits
- Repurposing of fat for maximum body contour
- Natural appearance and feel
- Less invasive than other buttock augmentation surgeries
In brief, Brazilian Butt Lift is an extremely popular surgery in Arizona because it offers comprehensive results while using the patient’s own tissues.
Patients who are unhappy with the shape and size of their butt may be good candidates for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Good candidates should possess the following characteristics.
- They are in good mental and physical health and have realistic expectations of what to anticipate from the surgery.
- They should be non-smokers, as smoking can severely affect the patient’s ability to recover from the operation. Smokers should be ready to quit for two weeks to a month prior to and after surgery.
- They have areas of their body where they possess excess fat that may be suitable for liposuction. A Brazilian butt Lift can be performed on people with slimmer frames, although the procedure may be more difficult and not produce as dramatic results.
- They have a good diet and exercise regimen, but have not been able to achieve their desired results through diet and exercise alone.
- They have good elasticity in their skin and do not have excessive drooping skin. Excess skin will have to be corrected through an alternative or complementary procedure.
As with any procedure, Dr. Ptak will need to determine a patient’s candidacy for a Brazilian Butt Lift during an initial consultation and examination. Please feel free to contact Silhouette Surgical Spa to request your consultation with Dr. Ptak.
Typically, Brazilian Butt Lifts are performed in our Scottsdale, Arizona location under general anesthesia to minimize discomfort during the procedure. Patients will also have the option of only using local anesthesia, typically for smaller volumes. The procedure can be broken down into three steps.
- A small incision will be made in the locations where liposuction will be performed. Dr. Ptak will insert a cannula and harvest the fat for the augmentation. This will also slim and permanently remove fat cells from the area.
- The harvested fat is the painstakingly purified. This removes unwanted material such as lipids and blood, so that only the most viable material is reinjected into the body.
- The doctor will use a large needle after numbing the area to make tiny punctures around the desired augmentation locations on the buttocks. The fat is reinjected into the buttocks through specialized cannulas. He will overcorrect only slightly, since not all of the fat will take to the new location and some will be naturally removed by the body. Once the desired result has been achieved, Dr. Ptak will close the donor site incisions, place bandaids on the injection sites, and place a compression garment.
The amount of time it takes to perform a Brazilian Butt Lift is upwards of two to three hours, depending on the extent of the procedure. Patients are asked to make arrangements for a ride home after the surgery.
After the surgery, patients are placed in a compression garment around the buttocks and on the liposuction locations. The compression is imperative for proper healing, reduce swelling, and to ensure that the body settles into the desired contour. They are to be worn at all times, with the exception of bathing or showering, for about two weeks.
For the first couple weeks following surgery, there may be some bruising and swelling around the incision locations. Low impact exercise, such as walking, after a few days can help with these side effects. Any discomfort can be managed with a prescription medication from Dr. Ptak. However, patients should avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen both before and after surgery, as this can increase bruising and negatively impact results. Patients should also avoid sitting for prolonged periods as well as smoking and alcohol for the prescribed amount of time.
Patients are typically ready to return to return to work after one week. Nonetheless, it is important to still take good care of the surgical sites per the doctor’s instructions. It can take up to six months for patients to heal completely.
In order to maximize their results, some patients choose to further enhance their contour and silhouette by undergoing abdominoplasty or breast augmentation.
An abdominoplasty may be a good additional procedure for those at a stable weight who wish to maximize an hourglass silhouette.
Abdominoplasty, colloquially known as a tummy tuck, completely rejuvenates the stomach by removing excess skin and tightening abdominal muscles for added tone and contour. This procedure is extremely popular among those who have lost a significant amount of weight or women who have been pregnant. This is because diet and exercise alone cannot correct excess skin that is too stretched to bounce back to original contour.
A tummy tuck is performed by making a low curving incision from hip to hip just above the pubic hairline. Dr. Ptak can use liposuction to remove any stubborn fat deposits. He will then suture the muscles in the abdomen. This allows him to literally sculpt the stomach for unparalleled contour. Finally, excess skin is removed and the incision is sutured.
A breast augmentation, like abdominoplasty, will further enhance the hourglass aesthetic. Some women choose to undergo breast augmentation due to changes in their breasts after weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Furthermore, some women may desire a more feminine aesthetic or more proportion between their upper and lower body, particularly after a butt lift.
Breast augmentation can be performed either through fat grafting, like the Brazilian Butt Lift technique, or with implants. Implants will offer more dramatic results, while fat grafting will offer more natural-looking results.
The consultation is an extremely important component of a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. During the initial appointment in the Scottsdale, Arizona office, Dr. Jeffrey Ptak will determine whether or not a Brazilian Butt Lift would be a good option for the patient. In order to determine the patient’s candidacy, Dr. Ptak will first discuss with the patient their goals in undergoing surgery. It is helpful if the patient brings in a photograph to demonstrate what they hope to achieve. He will ask them about their medical history, including any medications or supplements they take and past surgeries. Finally, he will perform a physical exam and take any necessary measurements.
If the patient is a good candidate, then Dr. Ptak will work with them to develop a comprehensive surgical plan. This will include details about how to prepare for the procedure and what to expect during and afterwards. At this time, the candidate will have the opportunity to schedule their surgery and can go over cost specific items regarding the procedure.
Since a Brazilian Butt Lift is a customizable procedure, there are a number of factors to take into account when determining the cost. Some of these factors include the donor location, extent of the liposuction to be performed, additional procedures the patient undergoes to achieve their final results, anesthesia, and recovery options. Dr. Ptak will be able to provide an accurate cost estimate at the time of the consultation.
We work our hard to make sure all patients walk out of our offices feeling informed and inspired. Please give us a call or reach out to us online to get started.