Pre & Post Surgical Applications of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT)
- One to three LDT sessions are recommended.
- Alleviates edema (swelling) and may allow immediate post- surgical swelling to dissipate sooner.
- Detoxifies the tissues, which is beneficial to help prepare the body to rid itself of harsh anesthetics that will soon be administered.
- Stimulates the immune system, which accelerates the production of lymphocytes to help speed up recovery.
- Induces a state of relaxation and promotes the parasympatheticresponse.
- Can be performed as soon as 24 hours after surgery
- Alleviates post-surgical edema (swelling)
- Helps stimulate lymphatic pathways. Manual Lymphatic Mapping performed by the therapist allows discovery of alternative lymphatic pathways to promote circulation and efficiency.
- Reduces Post-surgical pain.
- Alleviates spasms (promotes parasympathetic response) and can also help promote bowel movements.
- Detoxification helps to reverse the build up of toxins secondary to the effects of medication and immobilization.
- Stimulates fluid circulation and promotes urination, which also helps to detoxify the system.
- Stimulates the immune system and helps prevent post-surgical infections.(As stated above, by increasing the number of lymphocytes)
- Improves skin regeneration and wound healing and optimizes the scarring process.
- May help to prevent the formation of hypertrophic or keloid scars.